In this course you will learn the essential service techniques any owner needs to maintain their MGB in their own workshop. From engine checks to brakes and tyres, you’ll leave this course knowing what to do when you step into your garage to service your ‘B’.
How It WorksEach course is divided into five individual classes covering a single topic. Each course, introduced by Practical Classics Magazine editor Danny Hopkins, features new skills for you to practice in your garage.
What you’ll learnEngine experts Danny Hopkins, Matt Tomkins and Clive Jefferson cover all of the following:
- Cold engine checks: how to inspect hoses, spark plugs and other components in the engine bay. Two classes are devoted to this wide-ranging topic
- Warm engine checks: how and what to assess on a warm engine including ignition timing
- Maintenance of suspension, brakes
- Checking drivetrain, steering, wheels and tyres
Adjusting To Your SkillsHere’s the beauty of all our courses – you don’t have to view them in any order. The goal with this course is to show you a complete overview of an MGB restoration and servicing, from the first once-over to the final approval of the brakes. Each class takes you through a different set of servicing steps in logical order – but you can pick and choose what you watch depending on your requirements. If at any point in the course you feel as if you already know how to complete one of these steps without assistance, go ahead and click on a later video and learn something new. As we like to say: go at your own pace, or don’t go at all. Happy restoring!
Bonus Materials Included
- MGB grand design?
- MGB engine autopsy?
- Service guide?
- Insight into the MG Owners' Club?
- Living with an MGB?
- MGB wallpaper?
- Planning your restoration?